High or low level inputs?

I have the Energy Encore speaker system and the Denon 2802 reciever. I am trying to decide whether to hook the sub up through the high level speaker connections or the low level sub out from the reciever. Energy recomends the low level input, but I have read of several people prefering the high level inputs.
Can anyone make a recomendation on which is better and why?

Thanks

po
I am a firm believer in using the line level sub from the receiver. The folks who mixed the audio into 5.1 channels did so specifically for this purpose. Why mess with it?

The only time I might say use the speaker level is if you got tiny satellite speakers that can basically handle nothing below 150Hz. This is not the case with your speakers. They will rock just fine with full range signal.

Save yourself a bunch of extra cabling and just use the line level. Your receiver is probably capable of extracting the bass from the 5 other channels and sending it to the sub line out anyway (mine does and it's a fairly cheap receiver). You can play with that setting and get the same effect as using the crossover in your sub to see if you notice any difference.

po
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us