HDMI on HDTV but not receiver, how to connect?

Average Joe
Unregistered guest
My Mitsubishi wd-62525 dlp has an hdmi connection. I am getting a DVD (Samsnug HD941) that utilizes the HDMI connection. So the DVD plugs into the TV, no problem.

I haven't seen any A/V receivers with HDMI. The TV has one of those orange RCA "audio digital out" connectors. Should I connect that to the receiver (Denon 3805)? That way everything goes through the TV first, and then to the receiver.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of this as opposed to everything going through the receiver first and then to the TV?

Unregistered guest
Hey Avg Joe, would you please get back to me? I have the same TV and am having some issues with it. The following is the post I put under yours.

MITSUBISHI 62" DLP PROBLEMS: Hi Joe, We got the same tv a few days ago and have the same problems and a whole lot more. We are hooked up to cable with the cable card, High Def is awesome but when on regular cable channels there is disgusting green outlines on the edges of peoples faces and bodies etc. Almost as if someone took a luminesent green marker and traced an outline around the left side of people. We have had the Mitsubishi rep here and he hasn't a clue what it could be. Also changing channels is very very slow. Pixilation is seen on fast moving scenes and sometimes the audio is out of sync with the video as when people are talking and it don't match their lips. Sound Advice has no problem exchanging the set when the new ones come in but I am having serious reservations about staying with this new technology. Also when the rep was here he upgraded the firmware, as you call it, and it did take care of the problems you mentioned. I would love nothing more than to enjoy this 62" beauty but for 3700 + 350 for extended warranty makes me wonder if I should return it and wait another year until someone figures out how to make a TV work as it is supposed to. Too bad. please let me know if you are seeing the Green outline on people as I am on regular broadcast. Thanks ...

Average Joe
Unregistered guest
Yes I have been seeing it and I've been trying to pinpoint exactly what it is with no success. I don't see it on the antenna-in connection. I see it on certain DVD's using component-in 1. The Matrix DVD is the worst with this green shading. Everything is green in that movie for some reason.

Now that you see it, I am now convinced it is the TV and not other equipment or cables.

So after he upgraded the firmware it didn't fix it? I'm not seeing the other problems you are having. Everything will get pixelated on a digital channel when reception isn't coming in good, but that's normal. As far as channels changing very slowly... that's just the way it is with digital TV. I had a Samsung HDTV with a separate HDTV tuner before I purchased the Mitsubishi and it was the same way. Very slow changing channels when using digital TV.

Unregistered guest
Joe, Bettercable make an HDMI to DVI cable that you can connect your Samsung DVI output to you HDMI input on your TV.

I have Denon 2910 which has both HDMI and DVI

Thanks
Mike

deadinwa
Unregistered guest
just purchased a 65" mitsubishi and hooked up my 6000u dish reciever w/ s video. i was told to hook it up to comp 1 w/o s video but i get no picture can anyone help?

Bronze Member
Username: Os2dude

Marietta , GA USA

Post Number: 31
With my Mitsubishi WS-48511 I had to go into Net-Command and change the device description to the new input.

deadinwa
Unregistered guest
so if i hook up the three connectors r b g and the red and white on my reciever to comp 1 on the tv. i should be able to go into the tv and change the output. how is that done?

Bronze Member
Username: Os2dude

Marietta , GA USA

Post Number: 32
Using Net Command:

Select MENU on your remote
SETUP
__EDIT NET COMMAND
____CHANGE in this case
____NEXT
______Select the device using remote
______NEXT
________Select input using remote

Bronze Member
Username: Seenalot

Post Number: 12
Hey has anyone checked out www.projectorpackages.com super sale right now!

Unregistered guest
Panasonic's A/V Reciever SA XR70 has one hdmi input and output.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us