Ceilling speakers

Anonymous
hey,im looking to buy a set of ceilling speakers
and i dont want to make the worng decision,i hard
that the bose are bad and the snell amc900?? are
what im looking for does any one have an idea??
im getting cunfused with each aritcal that im reading.

What are you using them for? The main speakers, rear speakers, etc. If you have other speakers in the room, what are they? I have a pair of B&W CCM80s that I'm using for the rear speakers of my surround, and they sound very good.

Anonymous
hey orcrone,im looking to use them for a rear
suurround in my living room.

This is not the ideal place to put the rear speakers. From what I've read it would be best to connect a pair of dipole speakers on the side walls, even with the listening position. This was not practical for me because of room layout. So I mounted the CCM80s about two feet in from the side walls and about 2 feet in back of the listener. The room is a little over 13 feet wide. This is my first home theater so I'm not able to judge it relative to anything else. It sounds good to my ears, but I'm guessing it's a little more directional than it would be if I mounted the dipole speakers on the side walls. The only problem is that you need to be pretty sure of your setup. Even if you can return the speakers you don't want to be repairing drywall if you don't like the setup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us