1st HT - YamahaRXV640 and Infinity speakers?

Username: Underd0g

Denver, CO USA

Post Number: 5
I am trying to get a good foothold in the Home Theater audio department. I have been researching receivers and speakers but have yet to go out and demo them at stores. My room is 17x13. I am thinking the YamahaRXV1400 would be awesome, but too much for my budget. So is the YamahaRXV640 good enough with less features?(It still has YPAO which I think would be cool) I also like the sound of Infinity speakers and thought I could get the Infinity speaker package TSS-750PLT http://www.infinitysystems.com/homeaudio/product_detail.aspx?prod=TSS-750CHR (4 sats, center channel, and 10 inch sub) I also like infinity's Metal Matrix Diaphram . . . this would put me at around $1,057.90 SoundTrack. However I have heard Yamahas have problems driving Infinity's low impepdance speakers (not sure I understand that quite yet) . . . I have also heard Yamaha's are too $$ . . . and to look at Denon, NAD, or Onkyo . . . is there a better combination pound for pound? Is this a good enough starter set to upgrade later?

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us