Component hook-up thru TV or Receiver?!?

Username: Boston76

Washington, DC US

Post Number: 2
I am thinking of buying the new 32" HDTV Sony Wega and I have a question about hooking up my DVD, Satellite, and Xbox. This will be the first TV I've ever owned with component video hook ups. My question is how should I go about doing this. I have the option of hooking everything directly to the TV or hooking them up to my receiver then have one connection from the receiver to the TV. That is what I currently do, everything to the receiver and then to the TV. It works nicely since I need only one remote. I set the TV to input #1 and then by just changing the receiver input I can cycle through Satellite, DVD, and Xbox. I guess my real question is what is the best way to do this...directly to TV or thru receiver?!

johnm
Unregistered guest
For convenience sake running through your receiver is the best way to go (as long as the receiver has component outputs). The only drawback (if it even is one) is that the component signal runs through the receiver rather than a direct route giving it a chance of degrading the signal. This really depends on the quality of your receiver.
If you do comparisons running direct then running through the receiver you may be able to judge it yourself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us