Monster Cable Power Center w/ Surge Protection (HTS3500)

Username: Gomez

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1
HELP! I'm not tech savy.

I recently bought my home entertainment system, which includes: a 46" Sony widescreen, Yamaha entertainment system (subwoofer and six speakers). The BestBuy representative who was assisting me with my purchase, was pushing for me to get a Monster Cable Power Center, which cost $399, which I was not expecting to spend. My question is: Do I really need to get this? Is it worth the price? Does it make a difference as to sound and picture?

Your advice is very much appreciated.

johnm
Unregistered guest
You've purchased a nice system there. Seriously, you do not need the $399 power center. The reason the BBY guy pushes it is because accessory sales are tracked there and are scorecarded (they have a huge margin). A $399 accessory is a nice sale.
I myself have the $100 Monster surge protector that I got for a fraction of the price since I was an employee. Did I need it? No. It just looks nice. Doesn't really improve anything despite the claims.
Yes, you probably should invest in some type of surge protector but not for $399. Find one in the computer department with a high joule rating and you'll be fine.
Use that $399 for some DVDs or a nice stand.

Username: Gomez

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2
johnm, thanks a lot. You really answered my questions. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us