Sony Home Theatre Issues

I have just purchased a Sony DAV-FC7. I am having a hard time getting sound on my new Sony Grand Wega on the new home theatre. The speakers work when I play a DVD, or play the tuner. When I try to get my digital cable to go through the home theatre, nothing works. I have the sound on my tv shut off and I am using the video component cables. Please help!!:)

z man
You didn't mention any audio cables? To get Dolby Digital Sound you will need to run digital audio cables from the digital cable box to the FC7.

Unregistered guest
I have the Sony ht6600 home theater. I hooked up the audio cables from the sat box to the receiver. I now get sound out of the speakers when the tv is on. My question is I don't get sound out of the back 2 speakers when the tv is on, but I do get it when a dvd plays. Do the back speakers work only with a surround signal or is it not hooked up correctly.

Anonymous

My general rule of thumb in telling people the easiest way of hooking up thier home theatre system is to think of the TV as a monitor only.
There shouldn't be any reason to run audio signals from or to the set since your sound system handles these. If you have a cable or sattelite box, do as z-man suggests and run audio cables from it to your sound system.
Bill, you are correct. Sound shouldn't come out of your back speakers when watching most tv programs, exception being those broadcast in surround. If you absolutely want to hear sound from your back speakers with regular stereo tv, set your receiver to HALL or SIMULATED SURROUND.

Unregistered guest
i recently moved and now i am having trouble re-hooking up my system. I have a sony wega and home theatre system. I have tried endlessly to get it where everything works and in stereo sound but nothing is working at the same time anymore. I can get the dvd player and the tv to work right but when i add the vcr it doesn't work right. Anyone have any information to help or advise on where to look online for help please email me.

Dennis
Unregistered guest
Please Help! I just purchased a DAV-FC7 Sony system. It works fine. I hooked up my cable box to the component video 2 inputs and outputs. When I turn my Sony Trinitron Wega TV to Video 4, which is where it's hooked up, I get no picture, but the sound from the channel on the cable box is coming out fine. Can anyone help?

martha
Unregistered guest
i received a Sony HTDDW750 as a gift. It is completely hooked up and dvd, cd, music works fine. we are trying to get sterio sound for just the tv. my tv is a little old and i only have audio in / video in on the back of the tv. how can i hook this up properly to the receiver to get the sound?

Brad_M
Unregistered guest
same problem here, I have the sony DAV-SC8, and I can't get my VCR picture to display on my TV via "video 2" or "video 1" video-in connection.

Brad_M
Unregistered guest
found the solution:
i was connecting my TV via s-video cable, which works fine when playing DVDs, but doesn't work when trying to view VCR's video-in.

so if you connect your TV via the normal composite video out the VCR picture will display just fine.

Obi
Unregistered guest
Bought the system because i was pleased with the sony 80cm flatcreen, But is this IT? i find the four tiny boxes sound like ugly midtone/tweeters turned off the middle one (on top of tv) gave me an headache, and while playing with volume u notice the sub and speakers dont match, tried the whole circus of settings (alot) i miss the FULL sound of my old wharfdale's, and this "theather system" was most expensive and best of all !?
Is it me ? or ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us