Help connecting computer and xbox to monitor

Username: Bigfoot1794

Post Number: 1
I recently bought a Denon AVR-590 receiver with Boston speakers to play movies from my computer and play games on my xbox 360 on my Samsung SyncMaster monitor.
I've been able to hook up the xbox by running both an hdmi cable and composite audio cables from the xbox to the receiver then a hdmi cable from the receiver to a hdmi to DVI converter plugged into the monitor. With that the xbox worked perfectly, however when I take the hdmi cable from the xbox and plug it into my video card in my computer I can't get anything to show up but a black screen.

The computer is running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with service pack 1 and 8 gb of RAM. The video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6670.

I've looked at this post but it didn't seem to help.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1226539/trouble-connecting-computer-to-av-receiver-via-hdmi
Setting the resolution doesn't change it and the DVI connection isn't analog correct?

If I go to Control Panel - Hardware and Sounds - Sound I get this.
Upload

I've tried playing with different settings and inputs on the receiver but I have yet to have any luck.

Sorry for the long post I just want to make sure I'm thorough. Can anyone give me some ideas on what to do to get this working?

Username: Peterhills2233

New YorkUSA

Post Number: 1
Restarting my computer helped
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts