Looking to build componet system. I NEED HELP!

Username: Scribblescratch

Post Number: 1
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. Moderators feel free to move it!!

Hey guys and gals ScribbleScratch here, I am completely new to home audio. So I am seeking your knowledge. I have a few questions and Im sure those few questions will turn into a lot of questions hahah. I know a little about car audio as I upgraded a few things in my truck (new indash, JL speakers in all 4 doors and a 10 JL w7 getting pushed by a Slash 500/1v2) Nothing crazy nice, but a huge improvement over stock. So lets dive into this shall we...

I guess Ill just start by letting yall know what I am looking to get and maybe we can work from there.
I am looking for a nice home audio system with some nice quality speakers and some good bass. I looked into different sets I guess you could call them and I felt like I could easily build my own system for the prices. I havent done too much research so I might seem pretty uneducated on the subject because I am.
I guess I should let yall know what this will be used for. Ill probably keep the system in my bedroom and occasionally move it to the living room if Im having a party or something. I listen to a good bit of hip-hop, but I also listen to a lot of country, occasionally some rock, and a few other genres. I am a fan of bass!
My question is, what all do I need? I know Ill need a receiver and some speakers and I definitely want a sub. How do home subs work? Do I still need an amplifier? Do they just plug into the wall? Im new to this. HELP! hahah
Maybe yall could point me in the direction of some quality, yet affordable of course, products. I guess I am looking to spend around $500-$600. Is that reasonable?

Thanks in advance!

Username: Scribblescratch

Post Number: 2
I just thought of this as well... Should I just go ahead and buy a home theater receiver... I am going to only be using an ipod or occasionally a computer to play my music. Would that be smarter so if I wanted to I could hook everything up through my tv?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us