Saying hello , have a couple of questions concerning Pioneer SX-315 receiver.

Username: Tjvjr

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Pioneer SX-315 receiver from a neighbor who was moving. Though I bought it for more than a reasonable price it is missing the remote,center speaker and one rear surround speaker is bad.Overall it seems to perform well though I cant access all the options due to lack of remote. I used 2 Aiwa speakers for rear surround and the one good Pioneer rear surround ( Above TV ) plus a Koss 2 way speaker ( Below TV ) as center speaker. It sounds good in our rather small living room but the sub seems to be letting it down a bit bass wise. I believe it (sub) has been used/abused quiet a bit , it "bottoms out " and vibrates even at low volume. Now for the questions :
1.I have access to a Jensen Jp10sw 10" Power Subwoofer , how would I hook it up ? The receiver has no sub output but it does have wireless L&R output as well as the normal L/R output.Would either of these outputs be better than running the front speakers through the high level input/outputs of the sub?
2. Where can I find a replacement remote ( universal or otherwise ) fairly cheap?
At some point later on as budget allows I will probably upgrade to a better setup but most likely would move this to the bedroom so I'd like to get this sounding as good as I can . Any recommendations on a better center speaker? The 2 I am using now seem to provide good vocal sound but I'm not sure if its a good idea to use 2 ,though they are the same ohm .Thank you for reading my overly long first post and I appreciate any advice/input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us