Tell me why my RCA RT2600 says it has a powered sub

Unregistered guest
I just bought an RT2600 online, and when I hooked it up I realized that it didn't come with a powered sub. The sub says "Powered super woofer" on it, but it doesn't contain an amplifier, it only hooks up through the speaker connections. I'm used to that being called a passive sub, and now I'm not sure what to do. The cost of shipping makes it almost useless to send back, but I'm thinking there's a false advertising lawsuit in there somewhere. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1063
It does say powered sub (150 watts), wow, that is something else. Are you sure it doesn't have an amplifier, maybe it was designed to accept high level speaker inputs.

joeyelp
Unregistered guest
yea, unless I'm missing a blatently obvious cable or plug hanging out the back end (kidding), it's passive. now I'm stuck. The reciever has a sub pre-out on it for a 2nd subwoofer, but this one has nothing to do with that.

Ed Sullivan
Unregistered guest
its a powered woofer because it has its amplifier inside the reciever instead of the sub itself a lot of cheaper htib do that because jus that its cheaper to do that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us