Getting 5.1 sound ftom HT

Username: Abhivaidya123

Post Number: 1
Hi ,
I have a Sony Bravia HD LCD TV and Sony Dz310 Home theater and HD set top box . The thing is there is no digital/optical audio out to either Tv or home theater. But there is a spdif/coaxial out to set top box. Set top box and home theater is connected to Tv using HDMI cables on separate HDMI ports . STB sends both audio/Video signals to Tv through HDMI but Tv can not send back the audio signals to home theater via HDMI as there is no ARC support to TV. Tv has rca audio out which is right now connected to Home theater,s RCA white/Red connector and I can get only stereo/Dolby prologic. Is there any way using I can connect STB's spdif/coaxial audio out to Home theater to achieve real 5.1 sound? Please get back to me ASAP.}

Post Number: 2
Also is there any spdif/coaxial to rca( red white) converter available using which home theater can give a dolby digital 5.1 sound for Hd contains?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16368
Welcome to eCoustics SoundCrazy!

This is the problem with those cheap HT system like Sony, Phillips, RCA and Samsung, A cheap Yamaha do much much better!

Now for your problem, the only way to get surround is by hooking directly the source in the HT system then send the video in your TV!

Post Number: 3
Could you please explain me know how can I get it done
" the only way to get surround is by hooking directly the source in the HT system then send the video in your TV!"

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16370
Hook the set top box in the HT system then send the HDMI output of the HT to the TV!

Post Number: 4
using which cable I can hook settop box to HT? STB and HT has 1 HDMI port each and Tv has 4 HDMI i/p and RCA i/ps so how can this can be achieved ? Please help me

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16371
Forget it!

After consulting your Sony HT, you does not have Video input on this receiver!

Just too bad!

Post Number: 5
Here is desciption of ports,
TV : 4 hdmi i/p, 2 rca i/p o/p 1 component pair of ports
HT : 1 HDMI, 1 rca i/p o/p 1 component pair of ports
STB : 1 hdmi 1 rca o/p and 1 component o/p

So using above scenario, what design will be best and which cables should be used?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16372
There is no solution to get 5.1 except with the built-in DVD!

Post Number: 6
Is there Any Av receiver which I can Connect to HT which should not have speakers but it should have audio return HDMI channel as well as spdif/coaxial terminals?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16384
This one listed by Casey:

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKHTRC230/Onkyo-HT-RC230-5.1- Channel-3-D-Ready-Home-Theater-Surround-Receiver/1.html

This one:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v371_black__ u/?mode=model
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us