Onkyo 770 Speaker Position

Username: Twodaend

Alsip, IL

Post Number: 2
I just order the Onkyo 770 and now trying to plan how I will set up everything once it arrives. The room it will be in is 22' x 12. Going the long way, there is a Misubishi 65" TV, positioned at the end of the 12' wall and there is a couch aboth 10' from the TV giving me about another 10' behind the couhc.

So far, this is what I'm planning on doing and wondering if this is correct.

Center Speaker: Center on top of TV

Front Speakers: On side of TV slightly in front mounted on these stands

Rear Speakers: mounted in ceiling behind couch using these mounts

Center Rear: Not sure what to do with this one. Some say centered behind viewing area and others say on one side or the other of viewing area. Not sure weather to ceiling mount it or put it on and stand.

If I have anything wrong or could be doing something better or using better equipment, please let me know.

Thanks for the help.

Alsip, IL

Post Number: 4
This is how I'm thinking of setting things up. Does this look correct.

Upload

Upload

Ed Sullivan
Unregistered guest
the only sugestion i have is that mabye slide the sr and sl farther away form the seating area if possible and since there is a wal in the way there jus hug the wall but moveit back a foot or two it can make a diff
and what about a sub?????

Alsip, IL

Post Number: 5
ok, thanks for the idea. as for the sub, it will go on the right side of the seating area in the corner where the F/R is.

Alsip, IL

Post Number: 6
I was wondering, should the S/L & S/R be angled and slightly behind the seating area the way they are in the picture or should the be directly to the side of the seating area and facing each other?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us