HT770 Question

Username: Beeyebickiebuy

Post Number: 2
I tried to connect my turntable to the HT770 receiver via a pre-amp and get a lot of hum. I have not grounded the turntable and this should help. How can I easily accomplish this and will this eliminate the hum?

Bronze Member
Username: Matthew2582

Raymore, MO United States

Post Number: 20
Well - your info is a little vague. What pre-amp are you referring to ? Sure you have to ground the turntable - ground it to the pre-amp chassis - just touch the ground wire to the chassis and you should hear the hum disappear. But does this pre-amp have a phono input and how are you connecting the pre-amp to the power-amp section of the receiver - assuming this can be done. I don't have the Onkyo receiver.

Somehow I don;t think your setup works but if you are getting sound and your only issue is modest hum then chassis grounding should solve it.

Username: Beeyebickiebuy

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the info. I will try this tonight.

By the way, the Onkyo receiver does not have phono inputs so you must run the turntable through the Tape-in inputs. Since the turntable did not have a built-in preamp I had to purchase one. I connected the turntable to the preamp and the preamp to the Tape-in inputs. I am now getting sound, but a lot of hum.

Nikhil
Unregistered guest
Is the DTS mode available only with a digital coaxial cable?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us