Using curtis dvd 5041 home theater sytem/ to listen to tv

Username: Man4change

Post Number: 1
Okay i m really hoping there is some out there that can help me with my problem, i m trying to watch a Sony analog t v model number KV-27S40 Thru my Curtis dvd 5041 home theatre system, i allso have a Toshiba dvd/vcr player in the mix model number SD-KV550SU . I have no problem playing a dvd or cd thru the curtis system getting the full surround sound affect. but i cant figure out how to watch regular t v thru the surround sound system i thought if i ran component cables from out of the toshiba dvd/vcr player to the curtis system that would help, i even ran a rca jack from the coaxle out port of the toshiba player to the curtis coaxle input of the curtis surround sound system , still i cant figure it out

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16223
Welcome to eCoustics Anthony!

The problem with the low cost Home theater is the number of imput available, you can use a cheap imput selector to switch the sound between the Toshiba and your TV or buy a automatic video selector to hook both on it!

Manual selector:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2453596

Automatic selector:
https://www.amazon.com/4-WAY-Av-Switcher-S-video-Component/dp/B000WS5I7U

I have the last then it work fine

Username: Fgazafy

I just purchased a curtis dvd 8532 home theater sytem 5 in 1 with Blu ray and I set everything up but it will not read any of my DVD's as I tried going thru setup and did the things for other models that were posted on this site but nothing works. It just keeps clocking!
I purchased this at Big Lots for $160. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 889
Curtis HiTB are not very good and you should return it, you get what you pay for. Check out an Onkyo HiTB set up it will be more money but it will work.

Username: Trooper

Will a Curtis DVD8532 play sound through the TV and not just the dvd player? If so can someone please tell me how?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us