Home Theater Speaker Package for Yamaha RX-V2400

Alfredo
Expert! Please help me to pick a home theater speaker package for my new Yamaha RX-V2400. I've run around for 3 weeks, every single salesman say different thing. My budget is around USD$600. I appreciate your time and advice, Thanks.

I was also on a budget. I have an HK AVR 225 that I wanted to get speakers for. The novice in me first thought Bose. But thanks to posts here and listening for myself, I quickly dropped that notion. Thanks to posts and information gleamed from this site, I looked into the Energy Take 5.2 system (4 sats, center, and nice sub). If you look online you can get this system for a little over $600. In the same price range are the Athenas 5 MKII w/sub(Bestbuy). Listen to both systems. I preferred the Energy's because the sub (S.8) was more than adequate for my relative small room. Great sound! Great price!

Username: Maximo

Post Number: 1
I'll second those two systems listed; however, you don't have to buy the athenas with the packaged sub. the sub can be upgraded with a better one (Paradigm PDR-12 or HSU Research VTF-2)or athena's 10" sub (AS-P400). But either way you go, both of these systems are extremely good for this particular price range. I would pick the athenas but thats just me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us