Popping sound through speakers

Username: Codek289

Wichita, KS USA

Post Number: 1
I have an older Technics receiever and a Panasonic VCR and DVD player. My problem is that my reciever works fine in conjunction with my VCR and DVD player until I turn on the surround sound. The sound is still fine except for a periodic and random popping sound from all 5 speakers. Curiously I can play my Technics CD player with the surround sound on and it works flawlessly. If anybody has any ideas I could really use some advice.

Anonymous

With respect to the poping. Some subwoofers have an auto off function.If no signal is being recieved, it "pops" off. AS for your regular speakers, it might be a power surge. Often times, power will surge through the reciever and into the speakers via"pop". the best thing is to purchase a decent surge protector. about$50 will get you a decent one for what your needs are. Lastly, make sure your speakes match your receivers output and ohms. If your speakers arent rated at or above the same as your receivers recomendations, they will able to handle the power. Likewise, a under powered receiver will sound awful on too big of speakers. My advice to you, start with a surge protector. You might check out your housing electrical system. Good luck. For fun, go to the universtiys eletrical engineering dept. they often are willing to help solve problems. Good LUCK!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us