No bass

Username: Gguido

Post Number: 1
Hi all, i bought a bose acoustimass 16 series 2 and i plugleed it in a Yamaha RX-V367, but there is no bass at all. All the speakers is working perfectly but the subwoofer doesn't make any sound.

Can anyone help me?

Thank's a lot.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 396
ok take it back!

make sure In
yamaha menu has sub on
and it is passive so i think you hook it up to a speaker output

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 845
All Bose subs are passive and need to be hooked up to the speaker terminals, then the bose speakers to the sub. There is no sub woofer menu to set with a passive sub only with a powered sub. Set the speakers to large in the speaker set up meneu. Is there a volume control on the sub?
Bose is crap anyone reading this stay away from Bose.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 399
your right case sorry I try to stay away from blose for my installs or consults.

why large?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 846
Vince, with bose since the speakers wires are connected to the sub from the receiver then the to the satellites in order to get bass to work you have to set all the speakers to large and the sub to none. You are not using a power sub the way you and I would normally set up a system so the receiver needs to think it is feeding full range speakers which we know is not the truth w/ bose. If you where to add a powered sub to a bose set up which I recommend that bose owners should do then you would set the speakers to small and the cross over to 80 and the bose bass becomes a mid range speaker which it really is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us