Awkward Room Layout. Need Help!!

Username: Gfeezy

Post Number: 1
I'm looking to improve my sound system with surround sound, however I'm not sure how to lay it out. Below is an floor plan diagram of my current living room layout (TV and speakers highlighted in RED). With my existing furniture, the only solution for the TV was in the corner. How can I properly incorporate a surround sound system with this?

Upload

The goal is to keep the existing floor speakers and purchase some additional speakers to create a surround sound system. Do I need to move furniture? What kind of speakers should I buy? Then, where do I place all the (new & existing) speakers?

Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 124
I am assuming that your cable or satellite hook-up is near that corner where the TV is now.

I can't really tell if this would work but the only solution that I can see is to put both speakers and the TV, against the 7'6" wall (with the TV in the middle of course) and float the sofa out in front of it, with the right arm near the 3' wall (where there is currently something that looks like a lamp). Put a small end table at each end of the sofa and place your rear speakers on them. You could use speaker stands but that wouldn't give you any place to set a drink!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 829
Home theater and a corner TV is a difficult set up. Why does everyone insist on putting the sofa against a wall? A rectangular room with the TV on one of the short walls is the best set up. With that in mind the 8' foot wall for the TV with sofa 10' away leaving 6' behind it to come in the door and access the closet. Surrounds on the Patio door wall in the 2' area and one opposite it where the end table is, facing each other.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us