Help - speaker setup

Username: Happycackles

Eaton Rapids, MI US

Post Number: 1
Hello - question from a "newbie"..

I am finishing my basement and plan to add a home theater viewing area. I am planning to add a 5.1 speaker setup and the 5.1 speakers will be positioned around the main seating area.

Since the basement will also have rec room areas (pool, shuffleboard, bar, etc) and the large screen TV will be fully viewable from the rest of the basement, I am interested in having 4 additional in-ceiling speakers elsewhere in the basement (in addition to the 5.1 speakers). I'd really only ever look for these to play the same sound source as the 5.1..

What type of setup do I need to accomplish this? Is this possible? Any recommendations on receivers?

Thanks in advance for your patience with my question and any help anyone can offer!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 823
Steve good luck on your new theater. Some questions, what are the dimensions and lay ou?. What is your budget for 5.1 speakers,large screen,electronics, and in-ceiling speakers? Most receivers will run 1 pair of additional speakers as either 7.1 or a 2 channel zone 2 set up. An additional amp may be needed to drive more than 1 pair of extra speakers or a speaker switcher could be used. If the basement is one big area a 7.1 set up may be in order.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 382
yes I agree also getting a 2 zone reciever say denon 2311 then using a 2 way switcher to power all 4 speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us