Speaker Placement Recommendations

Username: Scotty878

Lincroft,

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, new to the site and I'm looking for some recommendations on where to put some speakers. I just got a new TV and everything, and since my last Onkyo receiver served me well for many years, I got one of their home theater in a box sets, the 7.1 S6300. But I was just wondering what you guys thought of where I should put my speakers. My room isn't the perfect set-up with a couch straight in front of the TV, and so I was looking for ideas on how to arrange everything. I've attached a really poor and quickly made floor plan of my room. The green is couches/seating, the brown boxes are tables and a wall unit. The one end of the room is the TV and the three red circles are where the front and center speakers will go. So where do you guy think I should put the other 4? Or just leave it 5.1? I've looked around online but a lot of things assume a perfect room set-up, so any input from you guys would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
ScottUpload

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1052
Scott, you will need to try placing your speakers in different locations around the room, moving speakers and subwoofer closer to and further from walls, etc. to find out what sounds best. The closer to a wall, the more bass reinforcement. So you should keep the sub far enough away from walls (if possible) that it doesn't overwehlm the room, but close enough that the sub amp doesn't have to work too hard. If you must place the sub closer to walls than it should be, keeping the the level and frequency low will compensate. It may also be necessary to turn the bass control on your receiver down.

Experiment, take your time, have fun and make sure you find the best possible arrangement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us