Surround sound speaker layout in small room (14'W x 20'L)

Username: 19necci45

Post Number: 1
Situation: Wife wants 55" LED HDTV over fireplace mantle; would like to hide speakers. Fixed items: l.&r. od fireplace are 4'2" spaces with 6' palladium windows in an 8' high wall; wall to front of hearth is 2'; l. wall is 13'6" to door exiting to garage; door is 3' w/trim, then 2'6" ow wall. R. wall is 8', then 6' French doors, then 6' wall again. Rear of room is open to kitchen dining area.
OK - Idea is to use Polk TC80i's for front l.&r. ceiling speakers; rear ceiling speakers,. Polk RC60i's; not sure what to do (if anything) about l.&r. side speakers. an I use the HDTV's speaker as mt center speaker? Of course, the sub-woofer in a front corner. Looking for thoughts or identification to gross plans. A/V receiver is Onkyo high end receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 835
Dave is it possible to post pictures of this room, especially where you want to put the TV? Do the speakers have enclosures? You may not have many options, but if you can post pics, I can offer more help. One draw back to in wall/in ceiling speakers is that they can't be moved around for optimum sound. Another draw back is that some models do not have enclosures (cabinets) this drastically reduces sound quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us