Like

Panasonic SA-PT660 LCD Blank

 

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 364
Registered: Jun-06
This is a 5.1 5 disc DVD changer surround system. I went to power it off and I shocked it from my finger and after that the LCD display stopped working. I just figured it blew a fuse but I have taken it apart and can't find a fuse anywhere. Can anyone help me locate where the fuse would be if it has one, or tell me how to test the LCD display somehow to know if it is just completely fried? Thank you.
 

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 524
Registered: Oct-10
There probably is no fuse. The most cost effective thing to do: replace the player, then make sure you're static free when touching it.
 

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 365
Registered: Jun-06
I was afraid of that. They aren't that expensive, but I hate to throw the whole mess out when the speakers and everything else still work just fine.
 

Silver Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 544
Registered: Oct-10
A static shock is approximately 3000 volts! You don't die or feel affects because the current is very low. However, electronics don't handle it well at all. Just the same, there should've been something preventing that shock from harming your system. A fuse probably wouldn't have helped here anyway. Too much current is what blows fuses, not too much voltage. It wouldn't have even noticed that static shock.

If you are interested in upgrading to something that will last longer, sound better, and not be so vulnerable to static shock, let me know what you'd be willing to spend and your room size and I can give you some suggestions.
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message
   

Facebook

Shop Related Deals

Directory

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us