Connecting tv +dvd recorder +home cinema system ( all Samsung)

Username: Jeanne

London, London United Kingdom

Post Number: 2
We have connected these 3 products together but cannot get sound to come through TV for TV programmes. It does work for radio programmes (with logos on the screen) and also with a CD.
We've tried the various ways suggested to link them with no luck.
I've had 2 days of frustation and I am tearing my hair out so
please tell us how to connect them up properly if you can!!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 812
We need the model numbers. I believe you posted else where and have Samsung HT-C555. I tried to read the manual but it was only available in Chinese. What is your TV source cable, satellite, over the air roof antenna. your HT-C555 only has an Optical input for digital so connect the set top box to the HT-C555 using this. If your source is over the air then and only then use the optical out on the TV to the HT-C555.

Post Number: 3
HELP! we got everything up and running but now the remote control for the cinema system is controlling the TV but will not control the cinema sound system. I think somehow or other someone has touched one (or more) of the tabs on the remote control (sound system)
This means that we could not control the volume at all, getting the signal "not available" when we tried. We have managed to get sound by manually operating the volume control on front of the unit.
The TV is Samsung full Hd 40" & cinema system is HT-C555..
At the same time we have been unable to get anything on the DVd recorder system to work on its own remote control (or any other way!) This may of course not be connected to the other problem.
(DVD-SH8710M - all conponents are Samsung)
How do we change the setting on the remote control? - there does not seem to be anything about this in the handbook.
We want to use separate control for each of the 3 items.
Hope you can help - it needs to be in laymans' language!
thanks

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 815
Pg 13 of your manual is a description of the remote.Right under the power button is a DVDreceicer/TV button it says:
If you want to change to Home Theater
or TV mode on the remote control,
check this button's LED color.
- Home Theater : Orange
- TV : Green

Post Number: 4
many thanks for your quick reply.. I checked page 13 but against the DVDreceiver/tv button it only says "press to select DVDreceiver/tvmode".
Anyway on pressing this button it only comes up green everytime never orange. ( We don't have a dvd receiver other than the one which is part of the tv system.)
Although it comes up green for tv when you press the volume buttons you still get the message - not available and still can't change the volume from the remote.
As I said we would really like to cancel using the home theatre systems' remote for the tv and go back to using just the tv control.
thanks

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 816
Wat about the button on the right side top I beleive it says something about TV control.

Post Number: 5
For some unknown reason the remote DID change to yellow
when we tried again the next day and it seems to work ok now! - thanks for your input
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us