Choosing a receiver

Username: Fiender

Post Number: 1
I am interested in purchasing the Klipsch RF 82 along with the Klipsch surround and sub. What receivers go well with the Klipsch speakers? Denon, Pioneer or Yamaha, or?

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 321
onkyo 607
a store I deal with thats all they use with klipsh
budget?

denon 2311

theaudioguy.ca

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply. The budget for the speakers and receiver is 3k. So around $1200 for the receiver.
What is the name of the store that you deal with?

Silver Member

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 322
http://www.hometheatermag.com/receivers/onkyo_tx-nr807_av_receiver/

or latest
http://www.electronicsforless.ca/audio-3/amplifiers-receivers-13/onkyo-tx-nr808- 7-2-channel-3-d-ready-network-a-v-receiver-1829.html

plenty of beef

call harly or curtis at audio empire in toronto
buy new with warranty.

hey fiender I'm curious on what you go with.
and sound
theaudioguy.ca

Post Number: 3
Hey Vince,
So I did go with the Onkyo and the Klipsch setup. I have an issue with the receiver, there's a delay whenever I change channels, its about 5-8 seconds long. Would you happen to know why?
Aside from that it sounds good, lots of power like you mentioned. I'm still figuring out the features etc. May get someone to come calibrate it etc.
Thanks for your help thus far, much appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15390
Good choice fiender!

Vince is always helpfull!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 806
fiender if you are using HDMI cable it could be the cause of your delay .Each time you change the channel the HDMI cable looks for a hand shake to insure HDCP-High definition Digital Content Protection, the digital anti-piracy scheme that keeps you from ripping off Hollywood. Whatever devices you want to connect with an HDMI cable and ensure that you're going to see a high-rez picture and enjoy high-quality sound must be "HDCP compliant." So look for that phrase in any features or specifications listed about the TV display, the AV receiver, and the video player, be it a DVD, HD-DVD or a Blu-ray machine. "HDCP compliant" indicates that the HDTV set and the other components will communicate with each other and check to ensure that all include the HDCP anti-piracy codes

Silver Member

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 345
Wow what a long delay!
I'll find out tomorrow ok?
About calibration does reciever not
Come with a microphone for calibrating
Audyessy
Does your tv have a hdmi link in menu
Turn that off?
In menu setup of tv which tv you
Have?
Vince

Post Number: 4
Ok so I looked up my TV specifications and apparently it is HDCP compatible. Could it be by Rogers Digital box? I have a Samsung LNT 4061FX TV. I wasn't able to turn the HDMI link off as I don't have that option on the TV.
Regarding the calibration, it does come with a mic, but for some reason it won't detect by Left Surround speaker even though its connect. When I put in Stereo mode, I am able to hear sound from it, so it's not the connection. I just wanted to pay someone to come over and look over these issues so that I'm not playing around with it lol
BTW, thanks for all your help thus far.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15425
Fiender

Try it!

Unhook the power cable for few minutes for each hardwares then try again!

Silver Member

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 347
hmm could be a rogers issue,
or compatablity with the reciever.
Try another hdmi cable,
lastly if it drives you nuts until its resolved just hook up a seperate hdmi cable from rogers to tv then use a digital cable to reciever from box..
where do you live in ontario
call me

theaudioguy.ca

Post Number: 5
So it was a Rogers issue as the box I have is made by Pace and apparently it's not HDCP compatible. I switched it over to the Scientific Atlanta box and the delay issue has been fixed!!
The last issue i have is reagrding the setup and how when I'm running the audyssey setup it fails to recognize the surround back left speaker. I hear the beeping noise from the surround back right speaker and the image is on the surround back speaker, then I hear the sound from the surround back left speaker but the surround back right speaker is highlighted and then next thing is the error message. I'm thinking this could be beacuse I don't have side speakers? Any input?

Silver Member

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 349
Well you can try a few things
Try a separate Spk wire
Loosely that you have
You could have a short in wire
Can you reverse the speaker wire at
Reciever end
Right in left Spk surround
Make sure in 5.1 your using surround speaker
Connection not surround
Back and turn off surround back in menu.
Hope that helps!
By the way finder
You didn't state you had a pace digital box
pace sucks!!!!!!!

Vince

Post Number: 6
Ok so I think I have it setup wrong. I'm using 5.1 but the back speakers are plugged into the surround back. Should it be plugged into the surround as opposed to the back. Is that why I'm getting the error signal?
I will do that later on today when I go home, so hope this resolves my issue.
Thanks for your help Vince.

Silver Member

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 353
Yes no worries
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us