Bose Speakers & Acousimass Module with Compatible with Other brand receiver?

Username: Ljmcc

Post Number: 1
Someone help! I have zero tech skills. I have a Bose Lifestyle 25 Series II System - back from 2002. It just has a CD player (broken) and a Radio -- no MP3s. The speakers and Acustimass Module work fine, but the "unit (or receiver)" is shot and not useful. Since this system is not compatible with Mp3's I always have to use the Aux ports on the Bose to play music through my old laptop. I want to ditch the Bose receiver, and buy a Pioneer receiver and a Blue Ray player (so I can stop using my old laptop to play music and stream Pandora), but I want to use my Bose cube speakers and Acoustimass Module. There is no need for me to buy new speakers, they are decent for my purposes. BUT, all the speakers connect to the Acoustimass Module and then it looks like that the Module has a proprietary connection into the Receiver. My questions are: 1) Is the Acousitmass cable that connects to the (old from 2002) Bose receiver proprietary or can I connect it to any receiver? 2) If not, can I ditch the Acoustimass Module and just use the speakers? Would I connect the speakers directly to the new receiver, or do I have to buy some kind of substitute Acoustimass/subwoofer? Does the replacement have to be a Bose that does not have a propietary connection? Thank you if someone can help me!!!

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 306
ditch the bose

much better cheap options out there..

denon

boston acoustics,,
paradigm
but ask same question in sub section of forum.

theaudioguy.ca

Username: Tomek001

Cumberland, RI USA

Post Number: 1
Hi LJmc,
What did you end up doing? I have an identical problem ... new Danon AVR-1712 receiver that will not work with and old Bose lifestyle 30 system because of the connections going into subwoofer. I suppose I need a new subwoofer ? CAn anyone recommend a particular subwoofer that will work well in this situation?
Thanks inadvance

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16183
You have plenty of options. Velodyne and Hsu comes to mind. You may also want to sell your Bose speakers and start the process all over by getting better speakers.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 10984
Bumping up, because of date problem on the above post.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16204
The answer was given 2 years before the question was brought up...awesome! LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts