I need help connecting my surround sound to my tv

Username: Exstacy

Post Number: 1
I have an LG LHT-874 surround sound system and i cannot seem to hook it up to my Lg 50 in tv to get the sound on my tv and not just on my dvd player.. it seems that my tv only has audio in and i have also recently purchased an HDMI cable thinking this would help..im not sure what to do can someone help... do i also need to purchase a digital audio in optical cable to get the surround sound when im watching regular tv.. help im going crazy i just want to break this thing lol..

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 283
Hi Stacy,

welcome I understand your fustration,but connecting the tv to the lg is not the best way to hook up this system.

Can you tell me what cable box you using and does it have hdmi out?

Or digital audio out which optical or coaxial?

theaudioguy.ca

Username: Carlosasw20

BauruBr

Post Number: 1
Hi Fiends;
I am from Brazil just purchased a brand new Marantz sr 8002 receiver and assembled everything.My Blu-Ray,a Samsung worked perfectly with a HDMI cable to the receiver input,and the receiver connected to my Led LG Tv.But my DVD,a Marantz,whith which I thought I wouldn`t have any dificulty,the same brand as the receiver,when I connected to the receiver the very same way,produces a completely collor distorted image and no sound at all.The interesting thing is that,if I turn off the TV set,the sound appears in the speakers.What could be the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 830
Stacy connect the cable box to the LG with an optical cable and then connect the cable box to the TV with HDMI. You will need a second HDMI cable from the LG to the TV
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us