LCD tv flickering, possibly dirty power?

Username: Xeo

Post Number: 1
Firstly, I stumbled across this place when searching for an answer to this issue. It's driving me MAD how hard it is to find a solid answer.

Anyway, here's the deal.
I have a 32" Toshiba LCD HDTV, less than half a year old. I primarily use it to play my Playstation 3. However when doing so, sometimes I'll see a small flicker of the picture...this is unfortunately very hard to describe in words. But it's a small flicker, not like half the size of the screen, and it will happen sometimes every 30 seconds to a minute.

It only seems to happen with playing the PS3, BUT I may know why this is. See, I just recently moved into a new apartment, and other people here are in the same building, on the same power line. This problem occurs a LOT more frequently when someone else is awake in the complex. leading me to believe it's dirty power, or what I think to be dirty power.

Like, when someone turns something on upstairs it could be happening. I don't know for sure, because I don't know if the guy upstairs is turning anything on...but it happens less frequently in the middle of the night. (When I'm usually awake.)

I DO know for a fact that it will happen when my AC kicks on, or when someone turns on or off the bathroom light across the hall. Again, leading me to believe it's a problem with dirty power and power conditioning. I'm thinking the tv alone might be ok, but with it sucking up power and THEN the PS3, I'm running into this problem.

As such I've been looking into voltage regulators and power conditioners to perhaps put an end to this problem.

From you guys expert advise, would my assumption of a possibly fix be plausible? Does this sound right?

If so, I've been looking at this....will it work?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009RA60

Or would I want something else? I'm unfortunately on a tight budget...so $50-60 is about all I can afford...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us