No sound from center speaker

Username: Omahaairman

Post Number: 1
Hooked up to my Sony STR DE-545, I have a Koss KS2503 (a 5-disc DVD player). I have three Sony speakers connected to the DE-545, a center, a right, and a left. I do have a couple more speakers that I will be connecting as the rear right and left, but given my current frustrations, I've not done that yet. Anyway, when I have the receiver set to the tuner, they all work fine. However, when I select DVD/LD, the only audio that comes from the KS2503 is the right and left channels. I have no center speaker sound. I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong with the receiver or the DVD player, but either way, I'm getting frustrated! Can someone help me?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 777
What kind of connection are you using between the Sony and the Koss ? If it is yellow red and white you are only getting a stereo feed (L & R) no center. You need a digital connection between the two and to activate the the digital outputs on the Kloss. To see the the digital connections turn to pg 8 of your manual or use this site to down lode the manual.
http://www.retrevo.com/search/v2/jsp/mytrevo/myTrevo.jsp?page=man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us