Polk6700, and VSX-55TXi on the way.

please tell me i didnt screw up.
i have an old kenwood 5.1,about 10 years old,so i got the polks, and the sound is decent. music is fine,movies were "OK". i assumed because of the old kenwood. so i ordered the pioneer lastnight.

i hope i didnt make to much of a boo-boo. i know larger speakers are/can be better, but at this time,i just dont have the room for big box' i wanted to buy a reciever thats "to big" for now, as im also looking into a larger home.......to fit my stuff.LOL any advice or tips or comments?
thanx folks,
roy
roystr@hotmail.com

anyone??

Hawk
Roy:

What makes you think you screwed up? Don't sell yourself short here. Hey, you have the speakers already and I think you correctly perceived that you could improve the sound with a new receiver. I think the Pioneer Elite is a fine choice, and should work well with the Polk speakers.

Now, I have no doubt that you will hear a much improved sound from the new receiver. It will be warmer and a little more relaxed sounding than your old Kenwood (Kenwoods can be a bit strident sounding). Enjoy the new receiver.

However, you may also realize that the Polks, being the size that they are, are somewhat limited in what they can do. If you feel that way, come back and ask for recommendations on speakers that can do more and which would not be that much bigger. We understand the issue of "size." But, it is also the case that you may find you are entirely satisfied with the system as it is with the new receiver. That would be great. This forum exists to allow people to exchange ideas and knowledge to help the participants get a system that works for them, not to sell products.

Happy listening!

thanx for replying. ill let you know how it goes once its hooked up,,,,, and naturaly come back to ask lots of questions.:-)

Username: Taxman

Post Number: 9
Just curious how the Polk 6700 system sounded,especially for music. Any feedback?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us