Receiver cabinet placement

Username: Nrgetic

Post Number: 8
... so... i'm moving into a new place and am looking for a brand new tv stand for my condo

i've found a real nice TV stand which has some shelving for components... issue is that my Denon AVR-1708 is 17.1 in in width and my shelf is only 18.3 in in width... those shelves have doors, and i suppose i wouldnt install the back of the shelf for better ventilation... my issue is will this overheat or kill my receiver in the long run? there's space above receiver, so it fits top down but it'll be quite tight for width... and i know there are some outlets on the side of the receiver (as there are on top as well).

what do you guys think?

it seems like a lot of those units with doors these days are quite tight in that dept... does anyone here have it sitting in such a snug fit? 1.2 would mean there's only .6" on either side when fully inserted... i guess there's some room but not sure there's enough.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 208
Hi Bill your fine no worries, I have to use a fan on the side for my intergrated tube amp center of cabinet open front.,because its always on!
with hot tubes but I also have a reciever with one inch on each side of cabinet with glass doors on the front closed, with a partial open back but more closed then open thats given me no issues with that so its all goood.

theaudioguy.ca
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us