Noob questions

Username: Daveblackeye

Post Number: 1
I'm about to setup a new system from scratch, mainly for audio but with home theater a secondary consideration. Have decided on the Monitor Audio Bronze series for speakers, for various reasons, and am intending to build them up slowly starting with the front pair. Yet to pick an amp.

1. To begin with, fireplace means TV has to go in the corner. I could either setup the speakers so the whole system is 'on the diagonal', 45 degrees to the walls, or with just the TV in the corner and the speakers setup 'normally', which would mean the TV is offset just to the left of the left front speaker. Is either possible, or should I plan to rebuild the room?

2. My geek head really likes the BR5s, but my sensible head is telling me BR2s for the main two as they're smaller and cheaper. The BR2s are about the same size as my old TDLs, which are plenty loud enough for the room. Room is about 4m (12') square - are the BR5s too big?

All advice / comment is very welcome.

Bronze Member
Username: Jtay81

United States

Post Number: 17
You will want the TV centered between the front speakers. If you can rebuild the room you should- a corner is not a good place to place a TV or the speakers. I also need to mount my TV in a corner and I do not really like my audio options.

I cannot give opinions on those particular speakers because I have not heard them, however I did hear some MA silvers about 8 years ago. I believe I preferred their bookshelves to their towers (I am also partial to 2-way speaker designs). Placement of the towers could also be an issue in a smaller room because they are rear ported.

Do you have a dealer? If so try to demo the units in your room and pick which you like best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us