Testing your vintage memory ......

Username: Ratltrap

Alaska

Post Number: 1
I'm hoping that someone out there is knowlegeable about the old HK AVR 70 through 85 receivers and can help me with my current predicament.

I have an AVR 75 that has been the centerpiece of my middleclass HT for about 10 years. I know it is way past due for replacement, but all of our excess resources are tied up in a remodel that includes, among other things, a new HT space. That will be great, but for now it leaves us financially unable to replace that receiver with anything we'll be happy with. We are fine with waiting a while, except that in the interrum the remote control for the AVR 75 was destroyed and I can't figure out how to do the speaker setup without it. There doesn't seem to be a way to do the speaker setup with front panel controls and I can't find an original AVR 75 remote or a set of codes that will work with either my Sony VL600 or my neighbors Logitech. However, I have seen original AVR 85 remotes for sale from several sources, including HK. Aside from the multiroom control key the 85 has the same layout as the 75 I just don't know if it is sending the same codes. BTW I sent an email inquiry on this to HK a week ago with no response.

So, my questions:
Can anyone tell me if the AVR 85 remote will work to setup the AVR 75 speaker outputs?
Should I spend a Benjamin on that remote and hope it works?
What would you do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us