HP VP 6110 Projector

Username: Woodytee

Mechanicsville, Va USA

Post Number: 4
I was given a new HP VP 6110 Projector as a present to start off my home theater project. I want to purchase a screen, speakers, DVD,VCR, and A/V receiver. I currently have a cable box, and need some ideas for a $ 2500 budget, for a room 12x20 and need to info as if the cable will play thru the projector . I'm a novice at this.

A4Kenny
Unregistered guest
Woodytee,
Just put together a hometheater myself with a similar HP projecter (HP VP 6120) and very happy with it. If you have white or light colored flat surface wall then I would skip the purchase of a screen and just project it onto the wall. The colors on my DLP projecter are great and the black comes out real well (Wall paint is Yellow-Tannish called Amber Grain from Sherwin Williams). The resolution on your projector is not the highest also so you won't gain much with the screen plus you are not limited in size or aspect ratio if you have the whole wall to project on. I would focus on the audio quality portion rather.
Here's the equipment I would recommend :
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-2012K - ($699)
This is almost exactly the same as the Elite 53Tx and is THX certified (100 watts per 7 channels).
Speakers: Klipsch (2)RF-25,(2)RS-25, RC-25 ($1300)
Matches well with the Pioneer - gives it more brighter tone.
HSU STF-2 ($400)
Awesome Sub for the price at CompUSA- 250 Watts!
Any DVD/VCR combo ($100)
As for the cable box, it should have component jacks for video/audio out which can be plug directly into the receiver (Digital cable - it should have composite output for video).

Hope this helps - enjoy.

A4Kenny
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us