How to connect Marantz SR5002 to Bose Lifestyle 28 Sub and Jewel Box

Username: Armenskipop

Sofia, Sofia Bulgaria

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have Marantz SR5002 7.1 AVR and am using 2 old Technics spakers SB-CD520.

I have recently acquired Bose Sub(PS 28) and 5 Jewel Box speakers.
Surprisingly I see no way to connect AVR to Sub and to control 5.1 Bose system.
Input of sub is is RJ45 format.

Could someone advise me where I can found a cable or wiring diagram that I can use to connect it.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 109
Hi not a bose fan here so I know not much about bose seeing how they are overpriced shite ,, but maybe if you can call bose...
or bay bloor radio in toronto may know.

Anyways love your marantz and we could get some ok sound through your front speakers technics, and let me suggest something here to make it work.

Sell the sub on ebay I think its meant to work with acoustimass 10 or an all bose system. Then find any decent sub say

Paradigm PDR-12 Subwoofer

Energy ESW-8HG Classic Subwoofer

or any paradigm or nht anything powered will do,

connected to pre out on reciever.

You can sell sub with cubes on ebay which I would,
or you can use cubes to balance out your speakers CONNECTED TO MARANTZ BUT SET TO SMALL IN MENU
connect speakers with audioquest flex 14/2 or type 2 believe me, I have with your reciever and it would really wake up your technics I'd know, I install too. does that help?

theaudioguy.ca

Username: Armenskipop

Sofia, Sofia Bulgaria

Post Number: 3
Thanks Vince,

Actually it works at the moments with fronts(Technics) on Large and all others(Bose Jewel) set to small. I have also a old Jamo Sub(70w with lows starting from 56Hz :-) ).
But the sound is awful.
For listening music I am using only one channel with Technics or Sennheiser headphones ... and it is OK.

I just wanted to give last chance to Bose with getting from ebay a Bose SubWoofer. If it doesn't run properly for movies I will sell them.

I still need to find how to attach Bose RJ45 pins to 5.1 RCA outputs before going to ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 116
hi again what sounds awful the sub or ahem the bose?

and one channel listening you mean 2 correct?

how does it sound with 2 technics only?

and if you have a bose dealer locally you can ask them about the pin but I think its meant to be used in an all bose system.
so i would sell them yesterday.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us