Thoughts on Yamaha RX-V2400

Username: Os2dude

Marietta , GA USA

Post Number: 2
I'm looking for an affordable HT Receiver, and was looking at the Yamaha RX-V2400. The three different websites with reviews all gave it 5 out of 5 stars, every review I read said it was a great system. Anyone have any comments on this system, or can you recommend a better one for about the same price? (I found it for as low as $723)

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 463
If you are pairing the 2400 with the right speakers[Paradigm or PSB especially] it is a vast improvement over previous Yamaha's. The extreme brightness has largely disappeared although it is still thin and detailed. Since it is a THX receiver that has forcedYamaha to include variable crossover settings for the sub instead of their stupid 90db fixed setting. I would suggest you also look at the 1400 as it has basically the same features as the 2400 but can be had for under $600 at many mail order sites. I heard the 2400 paired with the Paradigm Monitor 7 mains with my usual test cd's amd dvd's for brightness and it passed my test well. These comments come from someone who loved Yamaha in the 70's but has hated their receivers of the past 20 years or so but the 1400 and 2400 are the first Yamaha's I can feelok about recommending in a long time. They would be a very poor match with my Monitor Audio speakers or any speaker to the bright side of neutral but a good match with more mellow brands like I mentioned.

Username: Os2dude

Marietta , GA USA

Post Number: 3
I looked at the RX-V1400 first, but I liked the multi-zone A/V available in the 2400. Is multi-zone worth the extra +/- $300? Are you familiar with the quality of the upconverted video? That is another feature that drew me to this device.

(If Publisher's Clearing House would come by with a check I'd really like the RX-Z9. . . )

Username: Zyepod

GA USA

Post Number: 2
I currently have the Yamaha RX-V650 with the intent of up-grading to the RX-V1400. As for the up conversion, the salesman told me you are supposed to be able to use say a VCR and the reciever is supposed to up-convert it to say S-Video, or Component... It will play through the S-Video, or Component but the quality isn't there...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us