Is it healthy to pus CD players etc. on top of Receivers? Optimal breathing space 4 a receiver?

Username: Stifa

Post Number: 6
I own MARANTZ SR6300 and I have some questions about correct placement?

Owners manual says there should be 1 meter of space FREE above the receiver\?? TRUE?NOT?
this is impossible in my setup. I can only do about 20 cm above. is this healthy?

Is it wise to put a CD player on top of the receiver?

Mr. V
Unregistered guest
The key question is, will you have enough free space above the component for any heat to dissipate?

High End people say not to do it, because such placement will degrade the sound.

For most consumers, that is not an issue.

Try it, and if you are satisfied with the result, fine.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
One METER? Sounds like you could roast weiners on this amp. Are you sure that's what it says?

Username: Bert2

Post Number: 4
I have my Marantz A9000 AV receiver, 16lb, on top of my CD player, Micromega Leader, with no isolation between and the CD sound improved. It has been like this for two years and there is no observable case damage to the CD player. The Receiver has 5cm clearance above and only gets nicely warm. The units are in a rack. If yours are in an alcove or cabinett the reduced air circulation may lead to a hotter running amp but if you can put your hand on it it should be OK.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us