Pioneer reciever with progressive scan DVD ?

QuieTrack
Unregistered guest
i'm trying to connect my DVD player to my Pioneer receiver (VSX-D811s) , the DVD is set to progressive scanning and there is no way to change the setting (its a Vertex 312A) - i've been trying to get video from DVD to TV through the receiver but its not working , someone mentioned something about receiver not being able to process progressive scan signal from s-video ...is this true ? and if so , how can i get me setup to work ???
one last thing - i've also connected my pc to the receiver (S-video) i have an ATI Radeon 9600 and didn't get any video either ...i'm thinking that i should set something in the receiver but i went over the manual 4 times and didn't find anything about that issue !!!

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 904
make sure that you only have one type of video input going in to 1 terminal. Let's say on "Video 1", there is usually 2 or three types of connections on this, e.g. 1 composite, 1 s-video and rarely component. The problem is some people connect all types to video 1 at the same time, thinking that it will be separated out. If one input is already occupied by composite (yellow jack) or 1 of the others, it won't work at all.
Just go directly from your DVD to TV and you shouldn't have any problems.

QuieTrack
Unregistered guest
you were right - i connected s-video cable from dvd to receiver and from the receiver to tv (only one s-video to input and on to output) and it worked - at first i though that if i connect s-video to the receiver then i can get RCA out of it but turns out that its not right , the reciver doesn't convert signals , if i connect s-video to input then the output is s-video

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 914
way to go! Glad it worked out.

cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us