Onkyo TX-SR701 vs. TX-SR601

Username: Colala7735

Post Number: 8
Is the difference very big?

Adrian
Unregistered guest
Hi there, I have now owned two versions of the TX-SR601, the first one - a year ago - and the current one. I love them as a receiver as they're incredibly versatile with a fairly rich sound. The main difference used to be that the 701 had powered Zone 2, but the 601 now includes that. Really, unless you want THX, or have a collection of 7.1 dvd's there's probably no need to get the 701!

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 486
The 701 is being discounted by $200 now and can be found for $599 or less so I would go that route rather than the 601. The 701 has gotten very good reviews and I have not seen anything on the 601 since it has been available. I think the 701 has one more input than the 601 and a better power supply. Get the 701.

Bronze Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 22
realelitefan;

try visiting audioholics.com and look at their staff reviews. I think it was Gene DeSalla at audioholics that reviewed the 601. He gave it very favorable ratings, even running it with 4 ohm speakers.

I don't have a direct link but pop on over there and take a look.

Bronze Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 23
Here is the link, I found it

http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/onkyo_TX-SR601_review_01.ht ml

Username: Aarondahl

Post Number: 2
Don't have it myself, but I would buy the 601, unless you are really into the 7 channel output. Amazon has it for $350. Bose has been using the TX-SR601 in their retail stores for about a year - they only use Onkyo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us