New HT System

Tom Q
Going to purchase a new HT system, Budget 2500 for speakers and receiver. Interested in the new Yamaha 1400. Sugestions for speakers?
If I was interested in Klipsch reference series, sugestion for receiver?

Hawk
For the Klipsch speakers, I would strongly recommend the Harman/Kardon 7200, which is actually closer to the Yamaha 3400 in price and quality, but is being closed out now for the price of a 1400. Check it out here:

http://ww2.onecall.com/PID_18440.htm

Good combo with the Klipsch and it has a much better power supply and amplifier stages than does the Yamaha.

Tom Q
Hawk, appreciate the advice, have enjoyed reading the your comments regarding equipment.
Question for you or others.
HT sysytem, room is 25 x 17, primary use HT suuround, 30% music. looking at 2 choices -
NAD T 752 with Athena Audition series vs
the HT 7200 with the Klipsch RF 35 system.
Any thoughts.

Hawk
Tom:

I like the NAD/Athena system, especially if you get the AS-F2s for the front mains. It is very detailed and musical--with plenty of "slam" for HT, too.

Tom Q
Hawk, I was able to listen to the athena system at best buy, they had it hooked up to a yamaha.. I've read your comments regarding the yamaha's. what would you think of a yamaha with the Athenas, especially the new 1400. am interested in hooking eveything to the receiver then to the TV which can be done on the yamaha. also the system revieved in sound and vision featured the Athena RS surrounds, not the bookshelf speakers available at best buy.Also thought the sub woofer was a bit weak, suggestions for a different sub instead of the athena? Also where to get the NAD?

Tom Q
Hawk, or to finish the thought, unable to preview the HT 7200 with the Athenas, have u heard this combination? Problem is so many different combinations and difficult to get someone to hook them together, also as u well know, they sound different in the store vs at home.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us