CCTV and Satellite on One Coax

Username: Helpmeav

Post Number: 1
I have not been to my customers' home for this issue yet, but I want to see if someone can give me an idea of what I may need to do with limited information.

My customer has a very large home. They have a communications closet with all phone, audio and video in a central point. In the closet there is a distribution panel for coax. This runs to all tvs in the home. There are 4 CCTV cameras going to a receiver and the receiver coax runs to the distribution panel. They previously had cable tv and could watch the CCTV receiver on a high channel. They have since switched to DirecTV and can no longer view the CCTV. What splitters/combiners/diplexers or other equipment will I need to regain this functionality without running new cables?

Thanks!!

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 894
Diplexers are the most likely device to work. Taking the ANT. signal out to the TV RF in should end up behaving in the same way as it did with cable.

You will have to see exactly how the Directv installer did his work to see how easy the head end install will be. Hopefully the Directv multi switch will be in the closet and it will already have a diplexer on it (ANT IN). That should make for a relatively easy day.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us