Onkyo HT-S6100 and HT-S6200

Username: Nerwin

Post Number: 1
I am in the market for a new surround system. Decidedly disappointed with the products that I have purchased (and quickly returned) from Future Shop, such as the HTP-790HD, I am currently looking at the Onkyo HT-S6100 or HT-S6200. Firstly, I am wondering which of these systems is better. The 6200 appears to have smaller speakers, but larger drivers. On the other hand, the 6100 has "two way" surround speakers, whereas the 6100 only has "full range." There also appears to be a slight difference in impedance. Are these differences noticeable? Another worrying factor about the quality of the speakers is that the sensitivity ratings on all the speakers are quite low: around 80db. Is this a problem, as I would like to use this system for listening to music in addition to movies. Would it be more useful to spend less money on the receiver, and invest in a better pair of front speakers? Are there other systems/setups that would have better sound quality for about the same price? Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us