Help with stereo/tv/ps3 hookups

Username: Methiel

Post Number: 2
Hey, I've been trying for 3 days with this. A friend gave me his old stereo which is able to hook up for surround sound. but i cant get it hooked up right. I don't have a cable box in my room, just the cable wire to the tv. and my tv has 2 RCA Jacks, one in the front, and back.
My TV is a Symphonic. Don't know what model, it doesn't say on it.
Ps3 is well...Sony, obviously
and the stereo is Aiwa CX-NMT721.

I've read the manual through probably 12 times now. The diagrams they have in the stereo aren't helpfull at all.

all i want is to watch tv with the sounds coming from the stereo, and play games the same way.

Can someone help? O.o

Username: Furiouspudding

Post Number: 2
If you just want the sound to come through the speakers for both your ps3 and tv your tv has to have an audio output. It should said Audio out or something along those lines. It will also have a red and white RCA jack (looks like the inputs) and that will have to go directly to the stereo's RCA audio inputs. If you want to get full on 5.1 dolby digital surround sound its a differant ball game.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 688
I don't believe your TV will have the proper out puts for that matter it sounds like it only has inputs. You can connect the PS3's audio directly to the stereo but the cable sound will need to run through a VCR then to to the stereo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us