Help with home theater setup w/ laptop and windows media center support

Username: Sage2104

Post Number: 3
I'll try to make this as simple as I can. Right now I have an HDTV, a PS3, and an Xbox 360 along with it's HD DVD add-on connected all on one dresser. Next to it then is a smaller dresser with my cable box and VCR on it. My only problem now is what to do with my laptop. I want to connect it to my cable box so I get m cable signal on windows media center. I just can't find a reasonable place to put it without wires stretching everywhere.

I was looking for a good set up you could purchase, and when I find a good one (in particular ones that hold my TV, 360, PS3, and Cable Box) there seems to be no room for the laptop.

How do I incorporate the laptop into the setup. Or maybe a more appropriate question is if there was a way to wirelessly connect the lap to the cable box.

I know the 360 could access WMC, but it still brings me to the point on what kind of set up I could purchase that could hold the TV, 360, PS3, Cable Box, AND laptop (if I need to connect it at all).

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 684
What abpout a shelf on the wall above the cablebox. The media center is a good DVR and DVD writer.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051& langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100388231&N=10000003+528756+90401
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us