Apartment setup

Username: Restlessknight

Post Number: 1
In some apartments I'm installing in-wall speakers. I plan on putting a connection plate on two opposite walls and three speakers and a sub-woofer on each of those walls as well, so a symmetrical type setup where furniture/TV could be set up in either direction for 6.1 hopefully.

I've had the speakers and connection plates for a while now, then got a batch of used volume controls a few months ago. First wire I bought was a heavy guage, but not for in wall use - what is it for just laying on the floor or what? Anyway I have the cl3 wire ordered so will probably tackle this as a next project.

My question is it as straightforward as wire from wall plate --> volume control --> 7 speaker, then the other wall plate --> volume control --> 7 speaker. I would have one sub not connected to each volume control. Would you use just one volume control per side ( I think they handle eight) to turn all lower or is more control actually desirable?

Of course this could be a big mistake in apartments if I have to disconnect them later due to complaints.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 847
I am sorry Mike but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out what you want to get done here. Distributing 6.1 audio is not something that I know to be typically done.
Do you have a single receiver that you are planning to run multiple surround sound locations with?

Username: Restlessknight

Post Number: 2
Sorry, It was so long ago I guess I forgot what the connection plates were and wrote the wrong thing above. The connection plates are for 6.2.

In order to have that from both directions I thought I would need to install a total of speakers that would be active not counting subs. I think this would allow me to wire it from two different directions with a connection plate on the fireplace wall for example and a connection plate on the opposite wall so the setup of couch and tv could be on either side of the room.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us