Need help Nad 773 and Mirage

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 71
I have a NAD 773 and for while have been listening to Mirage speakers with no subwoofer. I finally got the Mirage s10 subwoofer and hooked it up; to be honest, the results are so "soft" that I think something is not working right. Maybe its supposed to sound this way (I am no audiophile) but the bass output is barely audible even at full volume. You hear a bit of bass and that is it.

Is there somethng I have done wrong? I have the subwoofer cable hooked up to the pre out on the reciever that is marked "subwoofer 1". On the setup screen, I checked subwoofer as "on". Could it be my choice of recordings? I listened to some older 1980s rap andMiles Davis jazz cds as well as various music on my ipod.

Maybe good subs are supposed to be mellow but I would think there would be more power. Any help appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 674
Are your speakers set to large or small. If all speakers are set to large this will effect the subs out put.
NOTE: You can set Subwoofer to "On" even with "Large" front speakers, in which case bass content from
any channels set to "Small" will be routed to both the subwoofer and to the front speakers; LFE-channel
signal will pass only to the sub. In most subwoofer-equipped systems, setting front speakers to "Small" is
usually the better option.
From the OSD's main <setup> menu select <advanced> line using the HTR 2 remote's [&#56256;&#56344;/&#56256;&#56345;], and
[Enter] keys. Using the [&#56256;&#56342;/&#56256;&#56343;] keys select main and zone listening for 5.1/2.0 or 7.1/OFF.
NOTE: If 7.1 input is selected then the zone output is switched off.
There is also a volume knob on the sub make sre it is turnee up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us