Sony 522 XBR /Yamaha RX V 1800suggestions

Username: Rpmsanders

Post Number: 6
Hi Guys,

I currently have a Sony 52" XBR and Yamaha RX V1800 amp fed by a PS3 for Blu Rays and a Bose Acoustimass 10 surround system. Far from being an expert I hooked the system up myself and essentially followed the manufacturers suggestions. My question is, are there any "tricks" or other settings that anyone has found that works well. I'm not unhappy with anything but I'm sure with so many options that some fine tuning will help. Also, does anyone get an "expert" in afterwards to check their connections are also correct?

Thanks in advance everyone,

Cheers Mark

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 841
Greetings Mark,

I sure wish you would have asked for advice prior to your purchases but, as they say, better late than never. The "trick" with any system tuning is getting it right for YOUR eyes and ears. An "expert" can set it up to "spec" but that NEVER means it is set up "correctly". Ideally the "correct" setting occurs when the user understands the limitations (highs, lows, balances, fades, surround modes, speaker placement, room acoustics, volume, and all of the source settings) of the system and has it all set to a level that thrills them every time they turn it on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us