How to run the TV through an HTB-544 having cable, no box

Please help. I have a Kenwood HTB-544 system. I have it hooked up now to where all of my devices work, but the only problem is I want to run the TV through the receiver to get a picture. Right now I have the TV hooked up to the receiver, but for audio only. I have my dvd player hooked up to the digital audio on the receiver, but still the S-Video is going through the TV. I have cable,but no cable box, and I am not sure how to hook up the video to the receiver because I have a sony trinitron tv with audio outs, but no video outs. The receiver for the video side, doesn't have any coaxial inputs, so I really need some help. Thanks.

dd
You are all set. Your TV is the video source. Video output from the DVD player is connected to the S-video or component video inputs on the TV and the DVD audio connections are made to the receiver. The connections you describe seem to be correct. You should be getting a "picture".

Yeah you are correct, I am getting a picture just fine, but I am trying to hook the tv up through thereceiver so that I can take advantage of the numerous s-video inputs, in other words, I want both the audio and the video running through the receier...

dd
Okay. In that case the audio receiver simply acts as a means to get additional S-video connection options for your various video sources. For example if you want a vcr, and 2 DVDs hooked up to your TV. You will need another S-video cable. The DVD (and VCRs) s-video would run to the receiver's s-video inputs and the s-video output would run to the TV.

Ok that sounds like it will work, but how do I switch from dvd to xbox on the tv video display, ie, as it is now I have to put the tv on video 1 to play dvd movies, would I do the same thing if both the dvd player and the xbox are plugged into those spots on the receiver? I'm just trying to figure out what settings I have to put my tv and receiver on. Thanks.

Kevin
I think you could just send up the DVD and Xbox straight to the reciever. Then take an S-video cable from the reciever to the "video 1" on your TV.

Put your tv on on Video 1 for DVD or Xbox. You switch between DVD or Xbox using the source option on the reciever...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us