How to connect Yamaha subwoofer

Username: Generalgato

Post Number: 1
Hi to all from Spain:

I have a very basic Home theatre system that I will be upgrading in steps. The system is a Saivod (Corte ingles own brand) DVC-100s with really bad speakers, the receiver have Dolby Digital and DTS and the amplifier puts out 15w on each of the five satellite speakers and 25w for the passive subwoofer.

Since the speakers are the weaker link I am going to upgrade them first with a Yamaha NS-P110 5.1 set which have an active subwoofer. The receiver speaker output connections are the +&- (red and black) bare wire for all speakers including the subwoofer plus a line output (pin jack) terminal.

My problem is that the Yamaha active subwoofer connects with two pin jacks and the connections are label R & L/Mono (see attached file). Do I connect to the subwoofer from the line output terminal of the receiver (only pin jack output of the receiver) to the L/Mono jack?

I hope I make sense. Thanks in advance.

Luis de Santiago

www.luisdesantiago.com
Upload

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2447
­
"Do I connect to the subwoofer from the line output terminal of the receiver (only pin jack output of the receiver) to the L/Mono jack?"

Yes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us