Help on connecting HD Comcast box, Panasonic sc-bt100 and Samsung Ln52a650 TV

Username: Cullejo123

Post Number: 1
Hi I have recently purchased a 52" Samsung lcd tv which will be delivered this Wednesday and a Panasonic htib, model sc-bt100. I also have a Comcast HD box. I'm a novice when it comes to connecting home theater components so any advice on how to connect them would be greatly appreciated.
I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to listen to cable television and blu ray in surround sound, but I'd also like the option of turning off the surround sound and playing sound through the tv speakers late at night. The htib doesn't have an hdmi input, but only one hdmi output. Would it be ideal to connect the cable box to the htib using component cables for video and an optical cable for sound and then connecting the htib to the tv using hdmi?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 739
To accomplish your goals I believe all you need to do is connect the HTiB to the TV via HDMI, connect your Cable box to the TV via HDMI as well as the cable box via optical to the HTiB.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 11
You did not give us the TV model #? Jim's suggestion is correct as long as you have 2 HDMI inputs on the TV? If you do not have that option then you have to consider sacrificing something somewhere.

In a case with only 1 hdmi input on the TV I'd connect the HTiB to the TV with HDMI and then the STB to the TV/HTIB with component / optical.

Hopefully you have multiple HDMI on the TV and you won't have to compromise anything!

Username: Cullejo123

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys for you quick responses. Jim I'll definitely try your recommendation. Robert, I purchased a 52" Samsung (model ln52a650) which contains 4 hdmi inputs. Thankfully it seems like I won't have to sacrifice anything.
Thanks again guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us